I have a lovely summer cold, so I couldn't go visit Gpa today, and I feel kinda crappy - They don't like you visiting when you are even a little sick. So I am going to Grundy tomorrow because he will be there for a few hours.
We saw The Hangover on Thursday with my friend Dulany, and it was funny! It's only 1 of many movies I need to cross off my list in the near future!
Brad got a new truck & just got a bike rack on it so we can travel a bit with our bikes! yea!
I am considering doing a 1/2 marathon as a relay team - Charity says there is one around here in September...I'm still considering...Obviously it won't be for time...because we are not fast :) We are the fun team.
I am taking a week off beating myself up for not running. I've got an eye on the next race I want to sign up for and setting up my training schedule. The 3 races I've done since I've been in IA, frankly, were a bit of a bummer. I haven't trained and basically showed up...and it showed.
Music, music, more music....I am having concert withdrawal I believe. In Virginia, I usually had tickets to someone coming to town...but since I will work on Fri & Sat, it doesn't really work out. Candlebox is coming someone in Iowa on a Sunday in August, so I told Brad we will have to take a little road trip. I've been living on Rock 108, You Tube, and my iTunes.
Charity and family and Mom, Dad, Gma, Hunter, and Ian stopped over last night. The Heides were bored - so we started a heated game of Farkel. Apparently we don't all agree on which rules to play....it was comedy. Then, a fly flew in my mouth and to the back of my throat. While all my friends laughed, I was hunched over at the sink trying to cough the thing out - luckily it did - GROSS. Mom, Dad, and co were coming to see if they could see the Hudson fireworks from here. You could see them, but couldn't hear them - so Hunter made sounds for us - too cute. Dad and the boys played Wii with Brad and Gma watch Mom, Char, Dave, and I battled through our Farkel differences - I can't wait until we get together and play again!
Felix Grundy Days were last weekend - Dad and I did the 5k and we got to spend time with Laura & Jeremy at the breakfast. Then I rode with Dad in the ambulance during the parade, which was really fun! We meandered around for a while and I ran into Jenn and Lynn so we talked for a while - It was great to catch up with them.

Grant and Susan stopped one night last week. We went to Montage and then came back and Susan and I did random silly girl stuff...then we all played Wii. They got here just in time. I was in serious, serious need of Susan-time. And to have them actually here, was priceless. Thanks again for saving me :)

I recently learned that I may have ADD - No seriously ...stop laughing... :) I am one of the most distractable people I know...Brad laughs...it's actually kind of funny. Believe me there are parts that aren't funny. But for the most part it is. It hasn't actually been diagnosed...I'm getting around to that sometime....I'll also get around to telling the story sometime.
Kids...Did you know that in 2.5 years, I would be considered to have a HIGH RISK pregnancy? Seriously, I don't feel old enough to fall into that category. I barely feel old enough to even have them. So no, we aren't stalling....It's been a "when it happens, it happens" journey, however, my body is, let's just say, not cooperative.... but I'll spare you the details...for now. :)
Brad finished his VA job a week ago Friday - He's on the job hunt here and on a rampage to get things organized and cleaned in the house - yea!!
ok, I think you're caught up :)

wooow -- that was a lot of catching up to do! good luck with the race training... mike just signed up for the chevron houston marathon amarco half-marathon ... which will be in january. he's running in the mornings.. and then we go together in the evenings (i'm doing the komen 5K in Aug and the chevron houston marathon EP5K) .... it's been great for us :)
ReplyDeletePS. good luck also on the kids ... :)