We got back from our great trip to Virginia safe and sound. Thank you to Mike and Lisa for the greatest visit, ever! I have a new tooth and am down with this round of my dental drama (can I get an amen!). Friday night we went out for tacos with Brad's dad after he dropped the dogs off.
Saturday we spent catching up on house stuff - lots to do from being gone and starting my new schedule next week! We had a low key 4th, just watching the Waterloo fireworks from our back porch - normally would have joined some friends, but just needed some down time this week.
Sunday, we finished up house stuff and I was sporting a headache all day (ugh). Then we went for a quick trip to visit Grandpa which was nice.
I'm back to work today, my last week on Monday - Fridays.
Tomorrow, our friends Grant and Susan are coming to for a quick visit and dinner. Grant worked with me at AFFINA moved to VA when we did and I can't wait to see them!
Saturday I am running the Felix Grundy 5k and Dad is walking! (can I get a yay, Dad!)
Sunday I have work at 5am (fun, fun!) and then have to work every day next week except Thursday...for a while I may be working a split schedule with my comrade, but will be working Tues-Sat.
Over the next couple of weeks, I will move to Tues-Sat 11a-10p. And then eventually, I will go to Wed-Sat, same hours...whew...are you lost yet? :)
Brad is in his last week working for Farm Fresh, unless they ask him to extend again. He hasn't found anything here yet...He's still plugging away at his search, but the one good thing about him not working is that I won't be much of help around here for the next couple of months, so thank goodness he is so great about when my work gets like this. We've been preparing for it since before we left Virginia...what did we want to get done before my schedule went crazy...what would he have to take on once I was working some extended hours. Luckily, we've been through this long hours thing before and made it work nicely.
Whew..I think that is about it right now....Time to grab some yummy sweet corn!

No comments:
Post a Comment