So I haven't blogged in a week..It's been rather busy, I'd say. I got home from my Florida trip last Friday afternoon and on Saturday spent the day buying up things with Mom for Brad's birthday party, while Dad and Brad picked up our new bed and some other furniture and started putting it together. The party was Saturday night (which was a blast -- I'll post pictures as soon as I can) and then Sunday we spent with Tim and Shannen....Breakfast at Perkins and we gave them the very exciting tour of the area. We went to UNI and took pictures with Courtney at various landmarks and then headed home to play games and hang out on the deck.
Sunday night we went to Charity & Dave's for a BBQ and some Guitar Hero....I tried to channel my inner Kirk Hammett, but I don't think I'll be replacing him if he ever leaves Metallica. :) Only my 2nd time ever picking up the guitar I bombed and then was able at least to finish a song!
Monday was a 14 hour day at work -- For the entire month of May we will be doing system testing & interviewing. Yesterday was supposed to be a long day, too, but I was able to get out of work early because Grandpa is in the hospital...not life threatening, but a long story....My aunt Sue and all 3 of my cousins, Brenda, Melissa, and Todd are in town this week so we met them at the hospital to visit Grandpa. Then we headed to Grundy and had some dinner and spent some time with them.
So it was a bit of a late night and I'm pooped already and it's only Wednesday. Hopefully today will be a good day and I can get to bed at a decent hour.
I also hope the weather holds up so I can go out for a run tonight...My race is quickly approaching!

am missing you. :-(
ReplyDelete