Sunday, January 10, 2010

I won again?

So I have not been known as the creative one during my lifetime; I'm usually the checklist formulator, plan maker, organizer, to do list woman...During the days leading up to Christmas I somehow sparked some creativity. On Christmas Eve while finishing up work, I wrote a cheesy poem to the 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. It was pretty funny.

The week before Christmas, I also checked out a new blog that I saw linked on One Minute Writer. I was a bit wigged out about all the things I still had to do....and then this fell out of my head...And then the blogger picked mine as the winner - crazy!

Seven Days Seven Answers

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

Rewrite the classic line. (Not the whole poem, though you're certainly welcome to if you're feeling inspired.)

Winner! Winner!!! 12/30/09

'Twas the week before Christmas
And I looked at my list
And realized how much
Of it I have dissed.
Food & gifts to be bought
A letter to complete
My to do list this weekend
Will be a small feat
But no fear over here
Because I have a plan
It will all be done
before Santa Claus lands.

Winner: Dellits
Reason: Such a great modern day update to the classic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger