Monday, August 17, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes

Dani & Bobby came over to spend the night yesterday and I met Jessica in Gladbrook to pick up Ian and Hunter to stay too (a few pictures to come later)

Hunter - age 4 - as we are passing through Traer.
Hey! I know this place! (as he sits up very attentively)

Me: Really, why?

Hunter: I used to live here!

Me: Yeah, you were really little..How do you remember?

Hunter: (very matter of factly): Brain! (as he points to his head)


Dani - age 7 - I took her to get a pedicure today as a back to school treat - it was her first one. We are in the drive through at Starbucks.

Me: What do you want?

Dani: Chocolate Milk

Me: (I order it and hand it to her in the back seat) Here you go, how did you like your pedicure?

Dani: (sighing with bliss) It was woooonderful
(grabs her chocolate milk, looks at her milk, puts her feet up, lays her head back on the seat & closes her eyes) Dreamily...she says: This..is the life

2 comments:

Powered By Blogger